About the Company
Braincube is the global innovator in AI data software and analysis for manufacturing. Over the past decade, we’ve partnered with more than 250 manufacturers to transform their data into usable information.
Our proprietary algorithms utilize AI and machine learning to help companies implement continuous improvement. And with digital twins of your entire production process from raw materials to product, we lead the way for you to capitalize on your data whether it’s process optimization, new product exploration, or predictive maintenance.
From shop floor to C-suite, we help to optimize production processes enabling companies to quickly improve their performance, reduce costs, and improve output.
We believe that any manufacturing company with the right technology and applications can be highly competitive in a sustainable and scalable way. Braincube builds the infrastructure that augments operating decisions for plants of the future.
Staff Accountant Overview
We are looking for a diligent, flexible, and collaborative staff accountant to join our accounting department. This key member of the finance team will report to the Controller. The staff accountant will be encouraged to seize opportunities to improve efficiencies, scale practices, and improve work quality in a constantly growing and changing landscape.
A successful staff accountant should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. Our staff accountant should also have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills. They will be frequently communicating with managers and team members in many aspects of the finance department. They will also periodically interact with members of the Braincube team in our corporate office in France and affiliate office in Brazil (in English).
The finance team is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate results to the c-suite, investors, and our management team. This position will work with managers, members, customers, vendors, and partners and should be a responsive, accurate, and professional representative of our team. The staff accountant is expected to maintain paperless financial records and reports.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- All aspects of the payroll function utilizing ADP software with a Quickbook interface;
- Full Accounts Payable ownership;
- Cash management to include all deposits, Customer receipts, Bill Pay, money movement;
- Corporate chargebacks;
- Employee reimbursements using Expensify;
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury;
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations;
- Meeting monthly reporting deadlines;
- Responding to information requests;
- Reviewing preliminary financial statements;
- Assisting with year end tax preparation;
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP;
- Assisting the accounting manager as needed.
Staff Accountant Requirements:
- Associate degree to include accounting courses or commensurate experience;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Basic working knowledge of GAAP;
- Good problem-solving and time management skills;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Self motivated;
- Possess a strong sense of ownership;
- Respectful teammate;
- Strong ability to prioritize;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment;
- Can-do attitude with a desire to learn industry within start-up culture.
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with Mac and Google Suite
- Familiarity with Quickbooks
- Flexible schedule (start your day any time between 7:00am and 10:00 am)
- Opportunities for telecommuting
- Open work environment facilitating team support and collaboration
- Competitive benefits package including employer paid employee coverage with PPO and HMO options through Harvard Pilgrim; Vanguard 401K with an employer match up to 5%; Health Savings Accounts with an employer match up to 3%; FSA Dependent Care plan and FSA Medical plan with annual $500 employer contribution, employer paid parking, 11 paid Holidays (2022-13 Holidays) office in the Old Port, Portland.
- 20 days of paid time off after 30 days
- Opportunity to travel with entire team to France for our annual ski trip as well as training opportunities in corporate offices in Issoire, France
- MacBook Pro and company iphone provided
- $200 onboarding allowance for items such as laptop carrier, mouse, peripherals, etc.